Tuesday, April 2, 2013

New member

I dashed up towards the little brown owlet who had passed out from the cold weather. I put her in my hat and ran home, holding on to my hat. “What’s going on?!” asked Pumpkin and  Flame, horrified to see the unconscious owl in my hat. (Luckily the den item store-owner brought back Pumpkin’s bed, and Pumpkin and Flame had set it into place. “Get a blanket!” I ordered my two friends. “All I found was an extra one of your scarves!” Called Flame. “Good enough!” We then all pressed against the little owlet until she woke up.
 
She leapt up, slapping us with her wings. “Where am I?!” She squeaked, “Mummy? Where are you?!”
“You’re mother….” I responded, “abandoned you. I saw the whole thing. She left you in Mt Shiveer, and you passed out from how cold it was. I’m sorry.”
“I knew she would do it anyway.” Peeped the little bird quietly, “Now that I have no home… Could I please live with you?”
“Sure!” Pumpkin, Flame, and I all said at once. And that night, Flutter, (The owlet)  and Pumpkin shared the new bed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment